Last weekend we headed out to the east of Paris with only a vague idea of finding some place along the Marne River to stroll. When we found a spot, it was lovely and wild and we only crossed one other party of promeneurs on the path between the river and a wheat field bordered by forest.
From a distance, they had been ducking in and out of the plants along the riverbank but as they came closer we could see that they had been collecting a bursting armful of wildflowers. "We left some for you!" they smiled as they crossed by us. So collect our own bursting armful we did.
I arranged most of what we gathered in a soup tureen found at the brocante for 1 euro. The effect ended up being a formal style arrangement that looks decidedly sauvage. I think I love it.
Also, I thought it could be nice to share some things that have been grabbing my attention this week, things I'm loving. Maybe it will become semi-regular? We'll see.
- This styling is making me melt. I want to live in a room like those greens.
- I've just discovered Lauren's blog and I think I've read almost all her archives over lunch and snack breaks. Embarrassing but her work is such a perfect balance of old, new, and livable. Adore.
- Rediscovering this (it's been sooooo long!)
- I need this, a place to go swimming, and the weather for it.
- This demonstration (video at the bottom of the post). Just...woah. I might find it scary. Maybe.
- Also, it you are not already listening to Radiolab, you should be!
Have a beautiful weekend!
p.s. See how the lampshade, print, and catch-all dish in the top photo are all the same color? Drives. me. nuts.